Friday, September 3, 2010

over the hill AND the little chi chi foils us again

our appt. on our due date, september 1st, showed lots of braxton-hicks contractions, but that's it. watching the spikes on the monitor, i was thinking...ooohhhh this might be it. but the midwife came in and said, "oh no, just braxton-hicks. baby is doing great....see you friday."

so today, friday, we go in to get monitored (heartrate and checking for contractions) for 30 minutes. the midwife checks out the printout and says, "everything looks great. please come in again on sunday." wait, that's actually not true. she said, "on sunday, please stand up, eat breakfast, and call before coming in." :) love their english... i asked her if she saw any contractions and she said two small ones, but that's it. a doctor came in and looked at it too...and said, "ok, good." they're so nonchalant and at ease - which i appreciate. the midwife asked me if i wanted to be examined, but also said it wasn't necessary. so, i declined. the wait continues... :)

1 comment:

Ashley and Brian said...

Sara!! Thank you for the update! I have been thinking about you every day. You look beautiful and I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy the experience. Such a blessing of life. I have an email to send you, not finished, but I'll wait till you're at home with your little family of three, all settled in!! Hugs!!