Wednesday, August 11, 2010

full term and cheetah's lair!

according to the books we've been reading, 37 weeks is full term. this varies from book to book of course, but from what we've read this bun has cooked. despite its size, it hasn't slowed down a bit. just last night, i had to lift up my shirt to see if the kick actually busted through my belly. the movements are so strong and powerful i often jump and/or lose my breath. seriously, is this normal?!!!

on another note, we finished up cha chi's nursery! despite still needing a large rug to fill the room so the baby doesn't bust its nugget....it's pretty much done. thanks mama for the sheets - love 'em. :) we think this baby chinchilla will arrive sooner rather than later...but either way we're leaving the light on... ;) (oh and don't mind all the electrical hazards and child safety no-nos... we'll just have to fix those later.)



the room before:


...and after:





a story for cheetahlips from grandpa maynard:







9 comments:

Amy Niebuhr said...

I love the nursery!! You guys are so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of this cute little baby. We miss you guys!!

Starlyn Weller said...

The nursery is perfect! Totally you! Miss you girlie!

Anonymous said...

The monkeys look right at home. You have done a great job with the nursery. Can't wait to see it.
Mom

Shannon Wanless Nagy said...

Room looks great. Cant wait to hear "its a boy or its a girl" We waited to find out with Ayla also. Drove people crazy. Hope you are feel well and good luck with the baby.

Anonymous said...

Sara! Love the room!!! It's sooo you and of course, that means it's sooo cute! Keep us updated on your status! I felt a poke yesterday and it definitely startled me. I think this little one is going to give me a beating too! Love ya! Alison

KRIS & TIFF said...

Sara you guys are seriously so adorable!! I love it!! Can't wait to see this baby!! XOXO

The Rogers said...

I love this nursery! It looks so fun and cute! I can't wait to see pics of your baby! I guess girl!

Sandy Bierlein said...

sara! of course this is the cutest thing ever. i love that your style is still ON POINT as always and of course in the nursery. i'm so excited for you guys and can't wait until I hear the good news (boy or girl that is) :) miss you guys

Sara said...

thanks guys! we love the room too. it's definitely cooler than ours. however, we know we'll be spending most of our time in there soon anyway...

al, i hear ya. i'm wondering what the youngest age someone has been charged with assault is. can a fetus be charged??? if so, this babe is going to arrive and be put straight in handcuffs! j/k STILL, at 38 weeks drummin' up a storm, booty dancing, and parkouring around my belly...